Are You Safe From A House Fire
October is National Fire Prevention Month, are you and your family prepared for a house fire.
No one likes to think of fire in their home but here are few tips to keep you and your family safe. These just a tips form Wikihow.com...
- Install Fire Alarms and check the batteries twice a year.
- Plan an escape route for every family member.
- If a fire breaks out, crawl on the floor to avoid the smoke.
WWMT.com reported that...
"According to the National Fire Protection Association, house fires happen every 24 seconds and two thirds of residential fire fatalities result from fires in homes without working smoke alarms"
And there are some interesting choices of fire alarms on the market.
- You can use the traditional alarms that are mounted on the ceiling.
- There are wall mounted alarms that work great, the just have to be place no more then 12 inches from the ceiling.
- A voice activated smoke alarm, that they say is great for heavy sleepers
- And finally an alarm called "The Nest". This alarm send a notice to your smart phone informing you where the is and the cause of it.
I pray now one has to go through a house fire, so here's hoping some of these tips keep you safe!