An Amazing Wonder Of Lights And Water Are Right Here In West Michigan
Near the mouth of Lake Michigan in Grand Haven there is an amazing sight to see.
The Grand Haven Musical Fountain
Built in 1962, Grand Haven’s musical fountain, is the largest in the world! Visitgrandhaven.com describes what you are in store for when you take in a show…
The Grand Haven Musical Fountain is a synchronized water and light show accompanied with music of all varieties. Each 20-minute show features a different theme. A different show plays daily at dusk from Memorial Day through Labor Day as well as Fridays and Saturdays in May and September.
Wikipedia.com has some great facts about the Grand Haven Musical Fountain…
- The musical fountain was built in 1962
- Each year an estimated 10,000 come to see a show
- It was built by a local engineer named William Morris Booth
- The fountain was built by volunteers
- The cost of building the fountain was estimated at $250,000
- The nozzles and the pumps are original
- The width of the fountain is 240 feet
- The fountain uses 4,000 of gallons of water per minute during a show
- There are six colors of lights used during a show
Many themes are used for the shows, and you can find a listing of them at visitgrandhaven.com
See you there!
Subscribe to WKFR on