A Michigan Resource May Help You Win The $650 Million Powerball Jackpot (Update)
Here are a few financial fun facts that may help if you plan on buying a lottery ticket this weekend in Michigan.
- The Michigan Container Deposit Law. Make your pop addiction pay off! In Michigan we have to pay a 10 cent deposit on almost every beverage in a bottle or can. Take those cans back and buy lotto tickets with the money like Mitch Gillions of Hastings did when he won $223,916 playing the Michigan Lottery in 2016.
- Buy Your Ticket In Port Huron. The luckiest city in Michigan specifically for the Mega Millions jackpot is Port Huron. There are more Mega Million jackpot winners per capita in this small town than anywhere else in the state.
- If You Win, Stay Anonymous. So called friends, long lost family and scam artists will come out of the wood work. Keep it under wraps. Nobody will suspect a thing when you're going to Aldi for grocereys in your new Tesla.
- Move to Puerto Rico ASAP! The Federal income tax is only 4% and there is no state tax. Oh, and you don't have to shovel snow.
Here a few fun facts specifically about the $650 Million Powerball Jackpot according to NBCNews.com,
- The Multi-State Lottery Association runs Powerball for 44 U.S. states as well as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- The next drawing is Wednesday.
- This jackpot is the 2nd largest in National History.