7 Most Mouth Watering Foods at Kalamazoo Greekfest
Go beyond pitas and Greek yogurt with these delicious dishes available at the final Kalamazoo Greekfest this weekend.
As you likely know by now, this weekend's celebration will be the final Kalamazoo Greekfest as we know it with things shrinking in size and moving indoors beginning in 2017.
Excite and energize your taste buds by sampling the Greek cuisine and don't miss these favorites:
- Mousaka: Layers of seasoned meats, eggplant and tomato topped with a light cream sauce make up this Greek casserole.
- Pastitsio: Similar to mousaka, but with ground beef, pasta and a light cream sauce, pastitsio may be like your mom's goulash.
- Dolmades: Grape leaves stuffed with ground beef and rice splashed with a lemon sauce are very flavorful and have an interesting texture.
- Spanakopita: Spinach and feta wrapped in a flaky philo dough create this savory spinach pie.
- Greek salad: Yes, it is a salad but it is a fresh salad full of flavor- try it!
- Baklava: Flaky. Heavenly.
- Loukoumades: Another dessert, these Greek donuts are golden puffs drizzled with a honey syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon.
Of course there are gyros, souvlakas, hummus and more delectable desserts available at Greekfest. Plan your visit and check out the full menu here.
Bonus Video: Big Waves on Lake Michigan at Holland State Park