5 Things You Didn’t Know About Dunkin’ Donuts
A cool read for #NationalCoffeeDay
1. The first restaurant is still open. According to MSN,
"Dunkin' Donuts was founded in Quincy, MA, in 1950 by Bill Rosenberg. Those were the good old days, when a cup of coffee cost . . . 10 cents.
2. Unused and unsold food is donated at the end of each day.
"At the end of the day, everything is donated to a local, nonprofit food bank. It is left to the discretion of the individual franchisees of each restaurant to select their local donation partner."
3. Everything on the menu can be customized.
4. Employees get free food AND coffee.
5. Dunkin' Donuts has it's own school.
"Dunkin' Brands University, located in Braintree, MA, is the training center where the brand's franchisees and managers train to run Dunkin' Donuts and/or Baskin-Robbins restaurants."