10 Tips To Keep You Safe On West Michigan Roads This Winter
Living in West Michigan, we are used to winter weather, but our roads can always be unpredictable. Here are 10 tips to keep you safe on the roads.
For the next few days we are going to see the snow fall and the roads ice up. Exchange.aaa.com had some great tips when heading out on the road during the winter.
10 Tips To Keep You Safe On The Roads This Winter...
- Avoid driving when you are fatigued.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Keep your gas tank half full.
- Do NOT use your cruise control when driving on any slippery surface.
- Wear your seat belt every time you get into the car.
- Pack blankets, gloves. hats, food, water and any medicine you may need in case your car breaks down or weather prevents you from traveling.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- If you break down tie a brightly colored cloth to the antenna or place the cloth at the top of a rolled up window to signal distress.
- Drive slowly.
- Stay home. If you don't have to go out, enjoy the winter weather and cuddle up
Snow is lovely, just be careful when you have to drive in bad winter weather.