10 Cool Words That Will Make You Sound Smart
Here are 10 words that are worthy to returning to your vocabulary, plus, they will make you sound smart.
"Too often we limit ourselves to words that are momentarily popular or broadly applicable, and so rob ourselves of English's inherent beauty and agility. Alarmed by this tendency, the Word Warriors of Wayne State University propose to help rejuvenate the language we love by advocating for words of style and substance that see far too little use."
All 10 of these words are new to me, in fact I don't even think I have even read them in a book. Want to be a smart pants, test drive these words for fun!
Here Are The Top 10 Words To Start Using In 2017
- Acedia - Spiritual or mental sloth; apathy.
- Anfractuous - Indirect and containing bends, turns, or winds; circuitous.
- Blithering - Senselessly talkative, babbling; used chiefly as an intensive to express annoyance or contempt.
- Bombinate - Buzz; hum.
- Bucolic - Of or relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life.
- Effulgent - Shining brightly; radiant. Or, emanating joy or goodness.
- Gauche - Lacking ease or grace; unsophisticated and socially awkward.
- Guttle - To eat or drink greedily and noisily.
- Mugwump - A person who remains aloof or independent, especially from party politics.
- Stultify - Cause to lose enthusiasm and initiative, especially as a result of a tedious or restrictive routine.
Good Luck using these words..(3 of them are claiming they need auto correcting on my computer). If you use them I would love to know the person you are speaking to's reaction!